- I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once.
- My thoughts are stars I cannot fathom into constellations.
- There are infinite numbers between 0 and 1. There’s .1 and .12 and .112 and an infinite collection of others. Of course, there is a bigger infinite set of numbers between 0 and 2, or between 0 and a million. Some infinities are bigger than other infinities. A writer we used to like taught us that. There are days, many of them, when I resent the size of my unbounded set. I want more numbers than I’m likely to get, and God, I want more numbers for Augustus Waters than he got. But, Gus, my love, I cannot tell you how thankful I am for our little infinity. I wouldn’t trade it for the world. You gave me a forever within the numbered days, and I’m grateful.
- Oh, I wouldn’t mind, Hazel Grace. It would be a privilege to have my heart broken by you.
- Grief does not change you, Hazel. It reveals you.
- You don’t get to choose if you get hurt in this world…but you do have some say in who hurts you. I like my choices.
- It’s a metaphor, see: You put the killing thing right between your teeth, but you don’t give it the power to do its killing.
- Because you are beautiful. I enjoy looking at beautiful people, and I decided a while ago not to deny myself the simpler pleasures of existence.
- You realize that trying to keep your distance from me will not lessen my affection for you. All efforts to save me from you will fail.
- I’m in love with you,” he said quietly.
“Augustus,” I said.
“I am,” he said. He was staring at me, and I could see the corners of his eyes crinkling. “I’m in love with you, and I’m not in the business of denying myself the simple pleasure of saying true things. I’m in love with you, and I know that love is just a shout into the void, and that oblivion is inevitable, and that we’re all doomed and that there will come a day when all our labor has been returned to dust, and I know the sun will swallow the only earth we’ll ever have, and I am in love with you.
– The Fault in Our Stars, John Green
Quote of the day is a section where we will put up quotes from a particular book on every Saturday. *Feel free to put up your favourite quote in the comments column and we will add it on our blog*