- People are never satisfied. If they have a little, they want more. If they have a lot, they want still more. Once they have more, they wish they could be happy with little, but are incapable of making the slightest effort in that direction.
- Talent is a universal gift, but it takes a lot of courage to use it. Don’t be afraid to be the best.
- The mirror reflects perfectly; it makes no mistakes because it doesn’t think. To think is to make mistakes.
- If you believe in victory, then victory will believe in you.
- How can we be so arrogant? The planet is, was and always will be stronger than us. We can’t destroy it; if we overstep the mark, the planet will simply erase us from its surface and carry on existing.
Why don’t they start talking about not letting the planet destroy us? Because “Saving the planet” gives a sense of power, action and nobility. Whereas “not letting the planet destroy us” might lead us to feelings of despair and impotence, and to a realisation of just how very limited our capabilities are.
- I am my own best friend and my own worst enemy. Before coming here, I was thinking I don’t deserve it, that i wouldn’t be able to meet your expectations, and that you had probably chosen the wrong candidate. At the same time, my heart was telling me that i was being rewarded because i hadn’t given up and had fought to the end.
- Try the impossible. Don’t start low down because that’s where you are now. Climb those rungs quickly before they take the ladder away. If you’re afraid, say a prayer, but carry on.
– The Winter Stands Alone. Paulo Coelho
Viewer’s quote – As posted by someone in the comments section on the previous Saturday’s post:
“The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don’t do anything about it.”
– Albert Einstein
Quote of the day is a section where we will put up quotes from a particular book on every Saturday. *Feel free to put up your favourite quote in the comments column and we will add it on our blog*