- It is always the little things that build up. Often there is no dramatic reason for discontent in marriages. It seeps in slowly over the years.
You don’t even notice it creeping in. It happens, trickle by trickle.
You do not realise when or how the easy familiarity gets replaced by a ‘taken-for-granted’ attitude over the years. By the time you do, it is often late.Habits have been formed, patterns have been set. And a comfort-zone has been established. A zone that is hard to get out of.
- It is ironic how the years change you and yet you remain the same.
- You never know who is going to get back into my life.
- Sometimes in a marriage, it is easier to just buy peace and pay the price of swallowing your ego and keeping quiet.
– The Secret Wishlist – Preeti Shenoy
Viewer’s quote – As posted by someone in the comments section on the previous Saturday’s post:
Remember that the best relationships are those when your LOVE for each other exceeds your NEED of each other.
– Dalai Lama
Quote of the day is a section where we will put up quotes from a particular book on every Saturday. *Feel free to put up your favourite quote in the comments column and we will add it on our blog*