- I need to find something that I must do, something undeniable. I can’t do this. I can’t just be a wife. I don’t understand how anyone does it – there is literally nothing to do but wait. Wait for a man to come home and love you. Either that, or look around for something to distract you.
- I’ve just got to let myself feel the pain, because if I don’t, if I keep numbing it, it’ll never really go away.
- Maybe the courage I need has nothing to do with telling the truth and everything to do with walking away.
- Some battles aren’t worth fighting.
- I’m well aware that there is no job more important than that of raising a child, but the problem is that it isn’t valued.
- You’re like one of those dogs, the unwanted ones that have been mistreated all their lives. You can kick them and kick them, but they’ll still come back to you, cringing and wagging their tails. Begging. Hoping that this time it’ll be different, that this time they’ll do something right and you’ll love them
- The holes in your life are permanent. You have to grow around them, like tree roots around concrete; you mould yourself through the gaps.
– The Girl On The Train – Paula Hawkins
Viewer’s quote – As posted by someone in the comments section on the previous Saturday’s post:
- You know you’re in Love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. – Dr. seuss
Quote of the day is a section where we will put up quotes from a particular book on every Saturday. *Feel free to put up your favourite quote in the comments column and we will add it on our blog*